We are publishing a series of short reports based on the findings of this year's census over the next 5 weeks which will be made freely available to the market:
05 Sept 2011 - Data Center Investment & Growth 2011-2012 view
05 Sept 2011 - Data Center Development Index & Market Profiles view
12 Sept 2011 - Human Capital: Education vs. Experience View
19 Sept 2011 - Global Data Center Energy Demand Forecasting View
10 Oct 2011 - Technology Cycles and Cloud Demand View
15 Nov 2011 - Special Market Report: Data Centers in the United Kingdom View
11 April 2012 - The Australasian Data Center Market View
The 2011 Data Center Industry Census was designed to be the largest ever comparative study of data center operators and end-users, in order to:
1. Provide statistically valid snapshots of scope and direction of the global data center industry as of July 2011.
2. Collect information from all sides of the industry (owners, operators, suppliers, vendors) and make that information available back to the industry.
3. Enable comparison between markets to track individual market development.
4. Create opportunity for the industry to come together and help raise money for a worthy global cause - the UNICEF Children’s Emergency fund
The Census enables us to:
1. Profile individual markets and sectors and to compare them against each other.
2. Describe key trends in the evolution of data center markets and the reasons behind those trends.
3. Find out how individuals from different backgrounds and jobs perceive new technologies and methodolgies.
4. Make a myriad of enquiries as to the nature of this rapidly growing industry sector.